Tuesday, August 23, 2011

2 month checkup

We went for his 2 month checkup this morning.  Vaccinations are not fun.  I have never seen anything turn so red so fast.  He is snoozing away right now though, which gives me the opportunity to update all of you.  Since he is 14 lbs 6 oz there was plenty of meat on his legs to put a shot.  He is in the 95th percentile in weight.  He measures at 23 1/2 inches.  He definitely loves his groceries. 

When I questioned the doctor about how important it is to get him on a schedule he told me that I should set up my own blog on how to get a two month old to sleep 6-7 hours a night.  Evidently, I am doing something right.  So to follow doctor's orders:
I let him eat as much as he wants during the day, which is a lot (but that is evident.)  We are on a baby made schedule (I don't have the patience to enforce a parent made schedule).  If he is hungry I feed him.  I play when he wants to and he sleeps when he wants.  Bath time starts at 9 most nights, which he loves.  I think the warm water is soothing to him. Although, it could be my lovely singing voice that soothes him--no, I think it is the water too.  And we usually end up with pee in the water---boys.  We put his jammies on after his bath.  For some reason he finds pleasure in this too.  We get the cutest smiles when we change into to jammies.  Maybe he likes dressing like the kids in Peter Pan with his long gown and dreams of Neverland.  That would explain all of the smiling in his sleep.  After this, we feed him one last time and he is usually asleep between 10:30 and 11.  And he will sleep until 5:30 or 6.  He eats a little bit and back down until 9 or 10.  No complaints here. Update - slept unitl 7:30 this morning.  That is only because I woke him up to leave.

So it seems everything is on track in our crazy world.  I am feeling very blessed.  However, I could go for some cooler weather soon.  This is getting ridonkulous!!

I tried to get a pic of my two boys together in their brotherly love shirts, but this is the best I could get. 


Next task: getting him in his cloth diapers.  Cute, but bulky.

No comments:

Post a Comment