Saturday, October 15, 2011

No more changing table!!

I finally finished painting Ethan's dresser...and within my set deadline.  Woo Hoo to me!  I bought this dresser on Craigslist for the great price of $40. 
                                         
Since baby boy is not girly, the flowers and ribbon had to go.  I had originally wanted to paint it white with a stained top.  It looked terrible.  So, I painted over that and painted some of the drawers green to match the walls.  Lucky for me I had left over paint from that project.  I painted the knobs white and added some dots last.  That alone saved me $36.  Now I have plenty of extra space for his cloth diapers and a place to put his wipes and extras on top.  I am pretty pleased with the results.  So is Ethan!





I also love the drawer liners.  After searching for the best method for me to make drawer liners, I finally settled on using some fabric left over from my no sew curtains.  So, for the cost of some liquid fabric stiffener I was all set.  Plus, I can get some use out of the leftover fabric that would otherwise be taking up space in my extra closet.  Bonus!!




Ethan update:  He is starting to sit up a little better.  He really likes to sit up when he can, especially at restaurants.  He can look around to check out what is going on.  He is starting to elongate too.  See how much his extra chin has gone down....I don't know if I am happy or sad. 

No comments:

Post a Comment