Thursday, October 20, 2011

Deep fried anything + giant man in a pair of Dickies + good weather = Texas State Fair

This is something that I look forward to each year.  My first memory of the fair was 1987.  It was just a couple of my months after my fabulous baby sister was born.  I was 5.  It was a great night of family fun with mom and dad.  While Carissa stayed with my grandparents, we had corn dogs, cotton candy, and they bought me one of those plastic blow up animals on a stick.  I have been in love ever since.  We went every year as a kid.  Sometimes mom and Ramona took us on fair day and we would repeatedly ride the Love Bug.  Some years it was a family event after Dad got off work.  Once Robert and I started dating it became a tradition for us to go.  This is where he was introduced to Frito Pie.  A staple for this time of year.  2011 was the seventh year for us to check out the car show, have a corn dog, and buy dips or knives or anything that we don't really need.  Each year is the same, each year is different.  This is a tradition I plan to keep with Ethan.  Today was his first State Fair.  He did AWESOME!!  He let us push him around in his stroller most of the day.  He was enthralled with all of the people.  He seemed so at ease to be outside most of the day.  I was a little worried since he has been fussy the past few days.  But, he did great.  I look forward to many more family fair days in the years to come.  Next year we will try out the petting area and the go to the Dog Shows again.  If you are wondering, this year's fried food was mashed potatoes and oreos. 

Here are some of my favorites from the day.







Here is a little bonus footage of Ethan's first real big laughs.  Sorry about the poor shooting quality.  I will get better with time I hope. 
Back story: Robert was sweet and decided to make dinner for me.  Ethan and I went to see how is was doing.  The Australian accent came out and he loved it.  The first one is funnier, but I kept cutting him out. 



No comments:

Post a Comment