Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Halloween

Ethan's first Halloween was a success.  Obviously, he is too young for trick or treating.  So, we hunkered down at the house to pass out candy to the rest of the neighborhood.  While scouring Pinterest, I found a cute little costume that I thought would be easy to make.  The costume may not be as great as my original inspiration.  But, for the novice seamstress like it isn't too bad.  I haven't used a sewing machine since high school.  I do intend to practice and get better in the future.  It may be a little big and it may look more like a dress but, it was cozy.  I didn't sew the bottom because I didn't want to mess with it when it came to change his diaper. 

Side note:  Does anyone else feel that kids are kind of rude now?  Some of them didn't even dress up to trick or treat.

We spent the rest of the day playing at the house.  He has changed so much in the past week or so.  New expressions and personality.  He has started puffing up his cheeks like a chipmunk and purses his lips.  He is also starting to become a little more independent over the past week.  I can sit him down on the ground to play and he will entertain himself long enough for me to make dinner or clean the kitchen. 




No comments:

Post a Comment