Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Mom turns the big Three Zero and Ethan is 5 months

I have officially left my twenties and entered into the dreaded thirties.  No worries though.  Like wine, women get better with age.  Thanks to a great husband, sister, mom, and BFF neighbor, the seven days of Kristin were fantastic.  Day 1 - Robert treated me to a massage while he took care of Ethan.  Day 2 - I got this giant glass to prepare for holiday wine drinking. 

                  

Day 3 (my actual birthday) - Ethan and I had a great day of birthday shopping and lunch with Sherri.  Then we had a low-key night with pizza with Robert and Kristin for dinner at the house.  Fast forward to Saturday and Carissa, Mom, and I went to see the fourth installment of the Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn part 1.  It was awesome!! 

                     

Then when I got home there was party of friends and family waiting for me to celebrate.  Thanks to everyone for coming out to celebrate my big day!!  And to round the week out nicely, we got up early on Sunday and went to breakfast at Our Place with Kristin and Jason. 

Ethan's 5 month birthday was also on Saturday.  He doesn't have a doctor's appointment this month so these are only estimates from a squirmy baby.


Estimated Stats:
Weight: 20.5 pounds
Height: 26.5 inches

He is getting so big and gaining such a great personality.  Everyday he seems to be a different baby.  Over the weekend he worked on his full push-ups, all the way to his toes.  He always looks so proud of himself when he does it.  I guess I should start baby proofing soon.  Evidently, leaning back is for babies.  He only likes to sit in my lap now.  He has been perfecting his tripod sit over the last couple of weeks.  He has also found new interest in his four legged brother.  If Turk is sitting on the chair with us, Ethan is sure to "pet" his head or tug on an ear.  Turk takes such rough abuse. 

Look at me sit up

I love you!!
What are you doing, Turk?

Gentle pet......
Grab an ear!!

No comments:

Post a Comment