Thursday, June 7, 2012

Ethan learns to love

It has been a weird week.  Not a bad week, no complaints, just a weird week.  Turk got out, I fell in love with Snickerdoodle cupcakes, we have had diaper mishaps.  But, it is a week I want to remember.  Everyday this week I SEE the love my baby has for me.  His bear hug that he gives frequently throughout the day.  The two handed face grab to pull closer for a kiss.  The extra snuggles that I have enjoyed in the mornings.  The way he rubs my arm while I am rocking him before his naps.  These are the things that make me melt, smile, and want to weep with joy all at the same time.  This week has also brought some new tricks.  Ethan has picked clapping back up.  He claps for EVERYTHING!  Monday, I looked back to him in his carseat and saw him with a bottle lid on his foot that he was kicking up in the air and clapping his hands.  If anyone says "Yea!" he claps.  I can even hear him through his monitor when he wakes up clapping about, I assume, his happy dreams. 

Robert, our new Grad School Student - University of Dallas bound, and Ethan enjoyed a guys weekend while I went on our annual Sister Trip to Galveston.  This is how it started.  Boys.  Saturday they enjoyed Cousin Emma's 3rd birthday party.  Sunday, they made their trip to Kroger to pick up some Ethan essentials.  All in all I would say they had a pretty great weekend.  Only one casualty that I am aware, a beloved picture frame.  Totally replaceable. 


Chug-a-lug at Cracker Barrel

Being an angel while Mom is away

I had great time spending the extra one-on-one time with my sister.  Beaches, floppy hats, crafty beach gifts, and margaritas = one great weekend.  Thank you Robert, Allison, and Vicki for helping make the weekend possible!

The new boardwalk

First night in town

My first floppy hat


And the horse that bit her.....again

I was really glad to be home back with my three boys.  Since I am a souvineir shopping addict all of the boys got plenty of gifts.  Who knew the favorite would be this little $.49 starfish?  After this little back and forth I found Turk eating - that's right, I said EATING - the little guy.  He was barking at it and scared at first.  I guess eating it was the solution.  That's $.49 I'll never see again.  Poor starfish. 




And just for fun.

Tonight at bathtime.

Up next:  Ethan turns 1!  EEEKKK!

No comments:

Post a Comment