Sunday, November 25, 2012

Ethan's first Santa visit

I am not sure if it's just me, but I am jazzed about the Christmas season being upon us.  Maybe it having a cute little man to enchant with the magic of the season. 

We opted not to visit Santa for Ethan's first Christmas last year.  We thought he might enjoy it this year.  And since some of us don't particularly care for crowds, we took our chances that the malls wouldn't be too busy today.  I guess everyone got their shopping out of their systems on Friday because we were right.  There was no line.

Ethan was not sure what to think of the man dressed in red.  I have been trying to introduce him to pictures of Santa in efforts to prepare for this moment.  I wouldn't say my efforts went to waste, but maybe we should have rethought our plan of action since we started out like this......

He was not immediately impressed.
Once I sat down with him he was ok.  He actually befriended him after a second.   Next time we will know to request the high five first, then attempt the photo ops. 


As close to a smile as we got.
By the end of it he actually walked back over to see the bearded man and take a peek at some of the props around him.  He even chose to read The Night Before Christmas tonight for bedtime and was able to point to Santa on each page. 

Let's get the Christmas season started.  Gaylord, you are next on the list!  The best way to spread Christmas cheer is singing loud for all to hear!!

No comments:

Post a Comment