Monday, November 12, 2012

Words cannot describe....

As I lie here not being able to sleep, I go through my Facebook page reading the days of thanks, day 11. While I don't post a daily thing I am thankful for, I am just that, thankful.

The past few days have been, how shall I say, stressful yet blessed. For those that don't know, Ethan and I were in a bit of a car accident. I won't go into details, but Miley looks like this. And, yes, I name each car I get.




I guess this picture explains how one can feel stressed and blessed at the same time.

This is also the reason I am so thankful.

I am thankful that Ethan and I and the other drivers escaped unscathed. A little shaken, but unharmed.

I am also thankful for an amazing husband that has handled everything so great! There was no yelling, no blame, no resentment for changed plans. He has handled everything. Along with a new job and school. You are my hero!! And I am sorry for adding to your list.....eek face!

I am thankful for great in-laws that have lent a helping hand and car for a few days.  Not a lot people have in-laws they actually like.  I am happy say that I do.

I am thankful for a great group of friends that I have acquired over the past few months. It has been sooooo long since I have had a great GROUP of women that I felt I belong with. While I lost a couple of friends once Ethan came around, I have gained so many that I may have never met had it not been for Ethan. I am truly grateful for each of you. All have offered a helping hand over the past few day for the upcoming week of possible no transportation so we are not stuck at home. The immediate response to having to decline activities brought tears of thanks and joy, that I rarely get.

I am thankful for my sister. I have the best sister in the world! She is one of the few people in this world that truly gets me. She doesn't see me as weird, but entertaining and fun! Good or bad she is there.

I am thankful for the friends that stuck around after Ethan came into our lives. Who knew there would be so few of you? So for that, Kristin, Chris, Sherri, Martin, Lindsay and Bern, thank you!

I am thankful for my mother. She is the type of person one should aspire to be. She is patient, kind, and understanding. She would do anything for her children. She is type of mom I want to be. I know that her lap is always there for me when I need a good cry or just a good hug.

I am tired now, but I intend to continue to add to my list as the month goes on.  So check back for your name here.

No comments:

Post a Comment