Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Summer movies

Who knew you could take a 2 year old to a movie theater and they would actually watch the movie?!?!  Cinemark and Harkins Theaters both have summer movie programs that show children's movies in the morning.  Last week Ethan and I had a morning date to see Horton Hears a Who.  I took his breakfast  with us to eat in the theater.  He sat there about an hour while eating his breakfast.  He had to start out on my lap since I am sure that was a little overwhelming for him.  He was quickly comfortable.  Around 45 minutes into the movie he was getting a little antsy and decided to sit on the stairs and then in the seat by himself, and then on the stairs, and then on my lap.  At about an hour he was ready to go and expend some energy.  For our first movie he did pretty good.

Today we tried out Madagascar 3 with some of our friends in playgroup.  When I asked him if he wanted to see a movie, he responded with "ela" (Elephant), which is what we saw last week.  He did so great this week.  He did still move from one place to another for a bit but, he was naming the animals in the movie.
Taylor and Camden, Sarah and Abigail, and Ethan and me at the end.

Standing up to watch for a bit

He started getting antsy towards the end and Sarah gave him a bag of Reese's Pieces.  He watched the rest of the movie quietly and even danced with the movie's dance party on the screen.  He ended with giving me the sweetest, head to the side, right eye squinted smile. I will catch that with the camera one day.  This is the closest to it.
This is close to the smile, needs more squint  in the eye.

He was one happy boy.  Guess it was a lot more fun with his friends, Abigail, Camden, and Tarena.  Maybe we will try out Monster University that I have been wanting to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment