Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Fun filled family weekend

It is Monday night and I am still tired from the busy weekend that we had.  It was Robert's first weekend that he didn't have to study (he finished Friday night, so maybe not the entire weekend) or go to the school, or go on a trip, yada, yada.  Friday night was Ethan's first night in his big boy bed (a whole other post) so it was a loooooong night.  After a late night we had a fun family day on Saturday.  Grandma and Grandpa Flynn and Chris James came over for dinner, to be followed by ice cream at Dairy Queen, the second night for us.  Ice cream + late in the day = long and stressful bedtime for mom.  But, I always love finding little signs of Ethan having a fun time with his grandparents like this one.

Sunday, we went to Red Oak to a family gathering at Gaga's (formerly Gram. Ethan changed her name) and Pawpaw's house.  We got to see horses. Could there be anything better?! Ethan thinks not. I have been hearing "neigh neigh eat hay" for two full days now. Oh and the donkeys. He loves to say "eeyore". Our little city boy loves to spend time in the country with the farm animals.

Ethan had a great time feeding the horses, swimming with Dad, and just running around the wide open spaces.  I didn't get many pictures of the day.  I did happen to get this sweet picture of him with Pop not too long before we started getting a little rain.


And here is the cake I made for the event.  I thought it was a nice summer change.


I hope everyone had a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment