Thursday, June 19, 2014

Happy 3rd Birthday, Ethan

This is boy is no longer two. He went to bed two. He woke up a three year old.



Somehow you are three years old today. I am amazed and entertained daily by your personality. You are so smart, sweet, caring, loving, strong willed, and nutty. While you know what buttons to push to make my blood boil and having many trying moments, you also know how to make it all better with a sweet smile and an affectionate hug. You have a great love of life and are a big ball of energy. You make me tired just watching you some days. But, I could watch you run in circles or dance your heart out forever if you would stay this small. You have your Uncle Mike's love of dance, not to mention his "big moves." You can't eat donuts without it ending up all over you, including your ear or eyebrows or hair, just like your Auntie Crissa. You have your Dad's wit and intelligence and my....we will go with quirkiness.

You were so excited this morning when I came to get you ready for school. I said "Happy Birthday" and you just grinned and said "Oh, Thank You!" Then you gave me a big hug. You were, however, upset that today is not birthday party day. Two more days sweet boy.

You are so smart and funny. At three, you know your alphabet and can count to 20 (mostly, you sometimes skip a few numbers after 13). You can spell and recognize five words, Mom, Dad, Ethan, Gaga, and car. Your brand recognition is astonishing. You are getting better at drawing straight lines and you love to use your imagination. You usually send your cars to Target. Your favorite person to "talk to" is dad's friend, Patrick, and his wife, Tatum. You usually call her to say "Hey, Tatum, What's up girl?" You love to play practical jokes. Your first was my favorite. A few months ago you hid your cereal bar in your cup holder in the car while we were driving. You asked me to pull over to get it because you dropped it. When I did, I said I couldn't find it. You then sheepishly grinned and said "Maybe it's in my cup holder." When I looked and found it you laughed hysterically. It was hard not to join in.

You just recently became a big brother. You have taken it all in stride and were fantastic from day 1. I love the way you make sure all visitors say hi to Brady. You tell him you love him each and every day. You love to hug and kiss him and make baby faces to him. You are amazed by his little baby feet, that you kiss all of the time. You even share your beloved cars with him. You are going to be an amazing brother and protector in the coming years. I hope that you are both the best of friends.

Your Daddy, Brady, and I love you so very much. We look forward to watching you grow, even though I wish you could stay little forever!


Happy Birthday sweet boy.




Once again, thank you Martin for capturing the true essence of our little man.  It means so much to us!

We decided to start an annual birthday interview with him this year. Getting him to sit still was not easy, which is obvious.



No comments:

Post a Comment