Friday, February 24, 2012

Social Butterfly and first Sick visit

What.A.Week.  It has been a hectic one.  My little guy has been so popular.  We started the week by going to lunch with Dad and his co-worker, Andria.  On the way home we stopped in for a play date with Sarah and Abigail.  On Tuesday, his congestion had gotten pretty bad so we decided it was time to pay a visit to the doctor.  This is was his first official "sick" visit.  I think going a full 8 months is a pretty good record.  We have been going through rag after rag wiping his tiny little nose.  Who knew something so small could hold SO much!!  Lucky for us his congestion hadn't moved to his chest and no RSV.  Give me a Woo Hoo!  It became a waiting game for the rest of the week.  However, he did have the early signs of an ear infection.  So we were sent over to pharmacy for antibiotics.  I am happy to report that he is feeling much better today and it looks like he should be back to normal in a day or two.  To be honest though, if it weren't for all of the snot, you wouldn't know he was sick.  He is still his happy little self.


Tuesday also happened to be a great day to celebrate our 3 year anniversary.  Since we were told Ethan wasn't contagious, the three of us went to dinner at Olive Garden.  My husband is so good to me.  He bought me a great new pair of crochet TOMS and a Parrot for my car so I can talk hands free!  He didn't go without though.  Being the leather year (yes, I am the weird person that thinks it is funny to attempt to find presents in those categories), I decided to get Robert an autographed Frank Thomas baseball.  He was pretty excited!  Plus he is supposed to be indicted into the Hall of Fame soon.  Maybe the ROI will go up too!
Wednesday and Thursday were important lunches with important ladies.  My grandmother's sister (I guess that would make her Ethan's Great-Great Aunt MaryLou?) was in from Maryland.  We made a trip to Arlington to have lunch with the family.  He was a sweetie to our out of town guest.  Thursday we made our way downtown to have lunch with my cousin Ranea.  It was such a beautiful day, we got to see Dad twice in one week, as he decided to take an afternoon walk around downtown with us!  We then stopped by my old office to drop off treats for my favorite former co-worker!  The boy knows how to ham.it.up!  He is such a flirt when it comes to the ladies.  I can't wait until Spring officially starts so we can enjoy weeks like this more often. 

Hope these warm temps stick around, I hate to wear pants!!

Playing with his buddy Turk.

He does so well in restaurants these days.  I am always amazed by his patience.  I mean, how cute is this guy????

Giving Mom kisses.  Laying in the floor is not a one person activity anymore!

My personal favorite!!  Those eyes, that smile!

No comments:

Post a Comment