Monday, May 14, 2012

Our First Mother's Day

I truly enjoyed this day.  But, who knew Mother's Day = eat yourself into discomfort day?  I loved soaking in all of my little guy.  Robert went above and beyond in the gift department to make sure that I will always remember my first Mother's Day. 

But, before we go into our day I want to say how truly blessed I am to have such a great mom and mother-in-law to teach me to be a great mom to Ethan.  I have been learning from my mom since the day I was born I guess.  She has taught me to be patient and caring among many, many other things.  Allison has taught me to roll with the punches.  To take whatever comes in stride and know that in the end it will give you something to laugh about.  They are both such great role models for me.  I don't know where we would be without them.  I love you both!

We started the day just relaxing at home in our pjs until it was time for lunch.  As we do each year, we had brunch with the Flynn clan in Southlake to celebrate the three mothers in the family.  John (Grandpa Flynn) always so sweetly spoils us all.  There is really no wonder why the three boys are so generous and kind.  Timmaron really knows how to put a buffet brunch together.  The buffet was filled with lots of yummy goodies to choose from.  After brunch we went back home to relax a little more before heading out to dinner at Mercado Juarez with my parents and Carissa and Jason.  I told you, lots of food.  I was miserable at the end of the day.  But, it was all so yummy. 


Back to Robert going above a beyond....I was given a beautiful topaz necklace (my birthstone).  It is gorgeous.  Ethan did a great job of picking it out I am sure. 



I hope everyone had a Happy Mother's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment