Thursday, April 11, 2013

One month in our home

I am up way too late.  This is what happens when Robert is out of town.

Monday marked one month in our new home.  I feel like I work on it all the time to see such small changes.  However, some progress has been made and it is slowly starting to feel comfortable and like home.  So far the most drastic change is the playroom.  We are an estimated 98% finished with it. Here it is before we got started.



And here is the almost final product.


We started with removing the rock tv stand, the platform, and the leopard print carpet.  We then painted those gold walls and black ceiling to a soft blue and added some new trim.

To finish everything off I added a wall gallery, curtains, some Ethan high bookshelves, some homemade posters of photos of Ethan's toys, the car rug we got for Christmas, and some cube storage.  



  

A personal reading area.  The easier to reach the more they read

All that's left is to add the wall decal that I am waiting to get here above his artwork frames here, add some seating, and redo that lovely bar that was left by the previous owners.  I think I am going to remove the bamboo siding and add something smoother with magnetic paint and chalkboard paint so Ethan and friends can play on it.

Ethan really likes this wall and the wall with the posters of his trucks.  It took him about 5 seconds to realize they were pictures of his toys.  He immediately went to find those specific cars and brought them to me yelling "Uck, Uck".  Sometimes I catch him staring at them in adoration for a bit.  He also enjoys pointing to the letters R-E-A-D and having me telling him what they are.  


Catching up on some reading
We are pretty happy with the playroom so far.  We spend a lot of time in there these days.
More updates to come.  I just have to take the pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment